Beauty Forecast + Trends | TORQUE
We all know I have a lot of hair! So much that I have to be picky with my cuts and colors and who handles my hair. Sassoon Salon has been reviving my hair each and every visit since I moved to LA. Therefore, always my go to for the latest beauty forecast and trends each season. With spring’s arrival I’m already seeing all the new cuts, colors and styles and had to learn more to share with our readers what’s trending in the hair world.
My Creative Director, Lina Ryan and Color Director, Dianne Degnan at the Beverly Hills location always keeps me on my toes with whats new. I wish I was more spontaneous to cut my locks and try one of the more bolder trends from their latest 2016 collection, TORQUE. These looks are chic, effortless and so easy to achieve inspired straight from the runways to fit any haircut.
Their goal behind TORQUE was to create “The Total Look” combining inspiration from Vidal’s infamous collaborations with Parisian Ye-Ye fashion and jewelry designers of the ’60s. Their collection reinterprets the classic “Space Age” style which is clear in their styling.
THE three looks you need to know about …
- THE ICONIC CUT: Throw back to one of the world’s most iconic haircuts with graphic lines to create simplicity and utility in design. The trending undercutting is showcased in this tailored technique.
- Undercutting – The Undercut is today’s most popular men’s hairstyle -This season, we’ll see gender lines blur a bit more in fashion and beauty, as women try the new tailoring technique.
- EFFORTLESSLY DISHEVLED: Sassoon uses color to complement the shape of this haircut and create several dimensions within one look using an incredibly fine “slicing” technique and colors with fiber-optic iridescence that give vibrancy and shine.
- Tip: “Add a small amount of Gel Forte from Sebastian evenly through your hair and mold into the desired shape.”
- INSTANT UPDATE: The TORQUE collection showcases “Fusion Highlights” which is their NEW Prestige Color Service. “The skillful blend of iridescent colors and innovative placement creates a customized highlight effect designed to fit your haircut, brighten your style and reveal a unique identity.
- Contouring – Many of us think contouring with makeup, but consider contouring the face with a simple “ready to wear” haircut and complementing color.
- Another tip given to me from the Sassoon Salon team is the hair straightener Lina always uses on me. It has totally re invented the flow of my hair. Sounds crazy but the ghd Classic Styler has changed my life and cut my styling time in half. Which is like an extra cup of coffee and a few more chapters in my book kind of amazingness. And make sure to use the ghd Advanced Split End Therapy to restore and protect from all the heat! Keeps my hair feeling like I just left Sassoon Salon.
Which look will you go for this season?? I’ve been debating on trying the “undercut”. It would help lighten the heavy hair load quite a bit! Thoughts on the third option??