With each new year comes new resolutions. Goals, promises and commitments to becoming a better you. Whether that may be eating healthier or hitting the gym more frequently, we all want to set positive goals in the new year. But what about hair resolutions? Having your hair on point is just as important as having your body on point. So this year, one of our 2016 resolutions is to achieve radiant hair. Like full body, bouncy Victoria’s Secret angels kind of radiant hair.
We teamed up with the professionals, Sassoon Salon, to help us on this one. They compiled the ultimate tips and tricks, plus their favorite products to help us refresh our look and achieve effortless, gorgeous hair for 2016.
RADIAN/T RESOLUTIONS: 2016 Hair Revival
Ring in the New Year and enjoy healthy, beautiful hair with 10 Radian/t Resolutions from Sassoon Salon. We’ve compiled the ultimate tips and tricks, plus our favorite products to help you refresh your look and achieve effortless, gorgeous hair for 2016.
- Try a Radiant Refresh – Ring in 2016 with a new signature style by simply adding a side-swept fringe to your classic cut or upgrading your color with a warmer palette. This season’s statement styles call for cool, pared-back hair with effortless shine.
- Fashion an Everlasting Blow-Out – If you’ve spent the time creating a beautiful blow-out yourself or paid someone else to do it, the last thing you want is to wake up the next day and it be gone. Stephanie Fritz, Creative Director for Sassoon Salon DC, explains, “prep is paramount and a lightweight mousse will work as a setting lotion, but make sure you comb the product through your hair to achieve an even blow-dry.”
- Shine On – Just like our skin, healthy hair gets its strength and shine from a combination of proteins and vitamins. Customized weekly treatments, such as a Sassoon Instant Fusio Dose Treatment by Kerastase, deliver a host of benefits to dry, parched hair – from boosting the vibrancy of your color to preventing future damage and instantly smoothing and strengthening each strand.
- Turn Down the Heat – Swap the perfect blow-out and go au natural once a week. Embrace your natural texture by applying a conditioning style cream and air-drying. You will prevent breakage and cuticle damage, while maintaining softness and combating frizz.
- Go Glam After the Gym – Slick hair back using your fingers with a dollop of Gel Forte from Sebastian to hold the hair in place. Apply the product to the roots of your hair leaving out the ends. To achieve an even sleeker look, comb the gel through to tame any strays and let the hair air-dry. For a dryer texturized look, simply apply the product but blow dry the hair back and away from the face. Use bobby pins to secure the style in place and ensure longevity of the look.
- Trim Down – Forward book your salon appointments every 5-6 weeks for regular trims and haircuts. You’ll keep your ends healthy and feel forever fresh.
- Embrace Hair Oil – Many avoid using hair oils for fear they leave hair looking & feeling greasy. The new generation of hair oils is lightweight and nourishing. Embrace hair oils this winter and try Davines OI Oil or Oil Non-Oil.
- Treat Yourself –In between appointments, keep hair shiny and healthy with an at-home deep-conditioning masque treatment personalized for your hair type.
- Try a Cool Rinse – In the same way that central heating affects hair, washing it in hot water can also dry locks out, so opt for a warm temperature instead. “Rinsing your hair in cool water adds extra shine and locks in vital moisture,’ says Stephanie Fritz.
- Warm Up – Blend warmer color palettes to support and enhance shine this season. “From rich mocha for brunettes, deep ruby for redheads, and soft, light hues for blondes, warmer tones keep you from looking washed out in the winter and give your skin a boost of radiance,” says Jade Delproposto-Thornton, Colorist of Sassoon Salon DC.
Doesn’t seem like a lot to ask for. Just a little extra love and care for the hair that deserves it all. It’s the most important accessory to every look we wear so why not take care of it.
Sassoon Salon is located at 1855G International Drive | Mclean, VA 22101. Please call 703-448-9884 for client appointments. To learn more about Sassoon, visit here or follow on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
This is Sassoon. This is Hair Design.