I’ve had the incredible opportunity to try out some of the most amazing organic skin care lines over the past couple of weeks and I wanted to share my absolute favorite products with you. I am always in search of the best skincare products, ones that will help with anti-aging, discoloration and that help brighten my complexion and I think I actually came across some worth mentioning. This was my first attempt at going purely organic with my skincare products and I wanted to see what all of the hype was about.
I have used everything from drugstore brands to pretty much everything sold at Sephora and some of these products will be making their way into my medicine cabinet on a permanent basis. More than just cool because they are organic, over the last few weeks I have seen a huge difference in my skin.
Not only is my skin brighter and smoother but it has become so without clogging my pores or causing any irritations. I also could not be happier that my favorites are all made with pure, local, plant-based ingredients in small batches with the consumer in mind.
And isn’t that really what we are all looking for?
1. One Love Organics Skin Savior: One of my favorites of the bunch. This waterless beauty balm can be used to wash your face (with their skin shammy), moisturize, tame fly away hair, and allows you to create custom foundations when mixed with mineral powder. I have been using this after I moisturize with FEI’D and before I put on my foundation but this Skin Savior makes my face glow all by itself and I highly recommend it.
2. GlaMER Lips by Mer: An organic lip scrub that works wonders on the dry, chapped, winter lips we all have in Virginia right now. The creator of this product is a makeup artist who knows exactly how to formulate a product to give her clients super soft and make up ready lips. I’ve tried dozens of lip balms and scrubs and have found GlaMER lips to be a standout, the lemon flavor was my preference. Highly Recommend.
3. FIG + YARROW Facial Scrub: Like a cup of coffee for your face. I use a tiny bit every morning to wake up my skin and exfoliate before cleansing. This scrub wakes me up and gets me ready to take on the day. FIG + YARROW products can be found at Anthropologie.
4. FIG + YARROW Facial Serum: All you need is a few drops to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and it seemed to give me a brighter, smoother and more refined complexion. I use this serum a few minutes before I moisturize and when I am looking to help brighten my skin. The company claims that with further use it will improve skin elasticity but a few weeks testing has not been long enough to see full results.
5. Blood Orange Lip Butter by Soap and Paper Factory: Finally a multi-functional lip balm. Soap and Paper Factory’s signature balm has a yummy citrus scent and a handy mirror inside it’s cute little tin. I appreciated the mirror for re-application inside the lines on the go. The product feels very light and kept my lips smooth for about 2 hours.
6. Sequoia Beauty Honey Berry Enzyme Mask: I am in love with Sequoia Beauty’s Honey Berry Mask, not only does it smell amazing it also tastes amazing (tasting was accidental). The magical ingredient in their mask is Raw Royal Jelly, which is known for its anti-aging, hydrating and plumping properties. The mask is antimicrobial to help control breakouts and leaves my skin hydrated and feeling great after a 15 minute application once a week.
7. FEI’D Moisturizer by Meld Labs: Hands down the best moisturizer that I have found for the sun spots on my cheeks. This is a problem area for me and I’ve tried countless creams to get rid of them (Clinique Dark Spot Remover is a close second). I have been using this product for over a month now and I have noticed my sun spots are actually fading. FEI’D is also a daily moisturizer that leaves my skin more soft than sticky. I absolutely hate when day time moisturizers leave your skin with a sticky feeling and interfere with make up application. So if you have dark spots like I do from too much sun, discoloration, or uneven skin-tone I highly recommend trying FEI’D Moisturizer.
8. One Love Organics Easy Does It Cleanser: A cleanser that does it all by attempting to take the place of face wash, shampoo and body wash in one. It has a fresh scent and foams to a great lather when you rub your hands together. It removes make up, eye-liner and mascara very well and leaves my face feeling clean and fresh. I am very sold on the entire OLO product line because everything they put out is multifunctional. Still unsure if I will be throwing out my trusty shampoo and body wash for the Easy Does It cleanser but it will be coming with me on vacation.
9. R.L Linden Thousand Petal Beautifying Mist: I have officially become obsessed with facial mists lately and this one is my favorite thus far. I use it directly after cleansing, post make up application or anytime during the day when I need a little boost. The spray smells like it might actually have a thousand rose petals crammed inside this bottle, is super hydrating and gives you a fresh glow. Highly Reccomend.
I was fortunate enough to test other products from these brands but these were my absolute favorites. To purchase any of these products just click the brand name of each and it will direct you to their site.
Please drop us a note about your favorite skin care products, your experiences with any of these or to let us know if there are any you have your eye on and we will try our best to get it for our next review. Take care of your faces.