The hot and humid Summer weather has officially made its presence here in the DC area. Don’t get us wrong, we love the warmer weathers but it can be brutal and uncomfortable if your wardrobe and makeup bags aren’t prepared for it.
We wanted to share our top 7 (5 + 2) Summer Essentials to help you get through the Summer in style.
1. Mirrored Sunnies: With a cool reflection, mirrored sunnies make for the perfect shades this summer. That and they are great for taking selfies! We are loving Illesteva, specifically this tortouise style with blue contrast mirrored frames which creates the perfect POC to any outfit.
2. The Perfect Tee: We have already preached how important it is to find the perfect tee, specifically for the Summer to throw on effortlessly. Enza Costa is one of our favorite vendors because they have successfully mastered the fit and fabrication of all their styles. This black and white striped tank with the pocket is perfect paired alone or layered for the cooler nights.
3. BF Jeans: Love the relaxed look of bf jeans which can be dressed up or down. This Rag & Bone/ Jean style is a personal favorite of ours but we found some great more pocket friendly alternatives at H&M and Zara.
4. Pink Gloss: A simple, light shade of pink goes a long way. In the heavy summer heat its very refreshing and the color is fun and appropriate. Try Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Gloss with a bold, glossy color that creates the perfect shine for flirty, pouty lip.
5. Gladiator Sandal: Our favorite sandal trend this season is probably the Birkenstock, HOWEVER the gladiator will take you from day to night which is why it made the list. The Stuart Weitzman style is great paired with shorts for a casual look or dressed up with a silk summer dress. You will get so much use out of this trend this year.
6. Nude Bag: Huge believer in a great nude bag because it goes with pretty much everything. On top of that, we love an awesome cross body to throw on while running errands for a chill, luxe look. Together you have the perfect summer bag! This 3.1 Phillip Lim style is the perfect color and has both straps and handles for any occasion and outing.
7. Tinted Moisturizer: In the summer it can be difficult to find a light weight foundation that moisturizes, covers and protects skin. Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer is a lightweight and sheer foundation that helps protect skin from the damaging rays of the sun with SPF 20 protection. This is a must have and essential item to use this summer to feel confident and look your best!
The days are going to just keep getting hotter so be proactive and get behind your wardrobe and beauty products. Please share and let us know your Summer Essentials to get you through the summer time.
Michelle & Sarah