The struggle is real when it comes to whipping healthy dinners in our house. My husband and I are usually super busy during the day that by the time we both get home at night it’s pushing 9pm and the last thing we want to do is slave over the hot stove to cook dinner. Our only saving grace has been cooking up a large crockpot meal on Sundays so that we have endless protein to work with for the entire week. Once the protein has been cooked, all you have to do is come up with different ways to prepare it each time you want a meal.
With limited time on my hands, trying to stay healthy and within my macro numbers while on the #52DayShred, I came up with this Honey Siracha Chicken recipe and it has been a total winner in our house! Since the chicken is slow cooked, it has all the time in the world to soak in the delicious flavors and you would have no idea by the taste that this recipe is actually good for you! I need a little kick of SPICE or FLAVOR in my food so I don’t feel like I am being deprived. When I cook, things can’t be boring or bland or I will never eat it. So I came up with three ways to prepare the chicken so that I felt like each time I sat down to have a meal, I was having a real treat! Regardless what diet you are following, you should still be able to enjoy your food!
With a little pre-planning, you set yourself up for an entire week of success! Order your groceries from Peapod on Friday, have them delivered to your door on Saturday and get to cooking on Sunday! Which means less dining out, less cheat meals, and a whole lot of more time to enjoy your friends and family during your free time!
Find my easy-peasy meal prep recipes by scrolling below and be sure to click on the “Order” button (coming soon) to easily place all recipe ingredients into your Peapod cart!
Honey Siracha Chicken
•1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Enough for 10 meals = 4 oz of chicken (minimum) per meal
2. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients and then pour over the chicken.
3. Set your crockpot for 6-8 hours on low and let it go!
Quesadillas (per serving) 3 meals
- 1 Tortilla
- 1/4 cup of Mexican Cheese
- Grilled onions and peppers 1/4 cup
- add 4 oz of chicken
- sriracha crema dipping sauce – 2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream and 1 tbs sriracha
1. Use a large tortilla or two small tortillas and place cheese, chicken, grilled veggies on top. Close your tortilla and grill in a pan flipping when brown on one side. Cook on the other side until both sides are golden brown and insides are hot and melted!
2. For sriracha crema, just mix the sriracha and sour cream together and viola you have a fancy low fat crema!
Honey Siracha Quesadillas (Smart & Delicious Low carb/higher fiber tortilla): 17g F/47g P/44g C = 516 calories
Rice Bowls (per serving) 3 meals
- White Rice – 1 cup cooked
- Scallions – 1 tbsp
- broccoli 4 florets
- toasted sesame seeds (sprinkle)
- add 4 oz of chicken
1. Place cooked white rice at the bottom of your bowl and heap on a generous helping of your chicken.
2. Add in steamed broccoli, scallions and a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds!
Honey Siracha Rice Bowls: 4g F/43g P/68g C = 505 calories
Asian Chicken Salad (per serving) 4 meals
- Asian Chopped Salad Kit
- divide into 4 portions
- divide dressing into small containers and add low sodium soy sauce if extra dressing is desired
- add 4 oz (.5 cup) of your chicken on top
- Drizzle with extra sriracha
- add avocado slices (1/4 of avocado)
2. Divide out the dressing and add low sodium soy sauce to create extra dressing. Add 4 oz of chicken on top, 1/4 avocado and then drizzle with sriracha if a little extra spice is desired.
Honey Siracha Asian Salad: 18g F/37g P/43g C = 492 calories
This recipe was done in collaboration with Peapod Delivers. Easily shop this recipe by clicking here and adding items to your cart to be delivered to your doorstep!
Photos by Emma Weiss Photo