Chipotle Chicken Salad Hack
When it comes to my go-to fast-casual lunch/dinner spot, Chipotle has always been at the top of my list. Mostly because I love the way Chipotle tastes but I also like that I can customize my bowls so that I can stick with my #52DayShred plan as well. Since I’m mildly obsessed with the salad they make there, I decided to give it a whirl at home. I knew I could replicate most of the ingredients but the dressing was something that took a few tries to get right. But once I nailed it, I’ve been eating this salad non-stop! Find my recipe for my Chipotle Salad Hack below!
- 1 cup Ancho Chicken diced – cook chicken breast with 1 Adobo Pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil then chop once cooled.
- 1 Large Avacado
- 1 cup of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup Tortilla Strips
- 1 container of mixed greens salad
- 1/2 cup of black beans
Mexican Street Corn Ingredients:
- 1 cup of whole kernel corn
- 1 Tablespoon of butter cut into smaller pieces
- 2 Tablespoons of lime juice
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of Queso Fresco cheese crumbled or shredded — or substitute Feté Cheese.
- Sprinkles of cayenne pepper or ground chili powder as desired, whichever you prefer.
Chipotle Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 2 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo
- 1 Lime
- 2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- Sprinkle Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 1 Clove Garlic
Fill a large bowl with lettuce then add the ingredients mentioned above on top. For presentation purposes, I like to line them up. You can then serve the finished salad with a bowl of the Chipotle Vinaigrette on the side.
Mexican Street Corn Instructions:
Melt the butter in a sautee pan and toss corn in. Simmer and stir for about a minute and then remove. Let the corn cool and mix in lime juice, mayo, cayenne, and queso fresco. Stir and then add to your salad!
Salad Dressing Instructions:
Combine lime juice, vegetable oil, water, chipotles, honey, oregano, and garlic in a food processor and blend ’til ~totally smooth~ and creamy. So good!
Salad by Sarah