It’s a known fact that the cooler the weather gets, the dryer our skin and hair becomes which is why we are getting ahead of the flaky skin this year and rounding up some of our favorite winter skin saving products. We have tested them all and are breaking down each product for you below with the reasons why we are obsessed with all these products. May your skin and hair be happy and glowing this holiday season!
Achieve Your Best Winter Hair
- Function of Beauty CUSTOM Shampoo + Conditioner: Have you ever wondered why you can’t seem to find a shampoo or conditioner that match up with your specific hair goals/needs? That’s because it didn’t exist until about a year ago. Function of Beauty is formulating custom sets of Shampoo + Conditioner that help you achieve all the hair goals you are trying to achieve. We have both been using our custom sets for almost a month now and we are loving the formulation and the results we are seeing. Order your custom set here.
- Moroccan Oil: We both have very different hair, Sarah has short fine hair and Michelle has long thick hair, but we both LOVE Moroccan oil. Slather on a pea sized drop all over your hair after you get out of the shower and it helps to hydrate your hair before you airdry or blow-dry. We love using it to add a bit of moisture in our hair after blow-drying in the winter time when hair can be extra dry.
- Dry Bar Salt Spray: We both love a good salt spray to help define those loose beach waves and to help them stay in place. This one by DryBar smells better than most salt sprays on the market and doesn’t completely dry out your hair, which is somewhat of a miracle.
- GHD Straightener: We have both had our GHD straighteners for almost a year now and they are still holding up as good as the day they arrived. They are perfect for creating straight looks, beach waves and curls! Plus, if you pair it with their split end repair cream, you won’t completely damage your hair!
- Tea Tree Thickening Spray: Sarah loves to spray on this product at her roots before she blow drys her hair. It really gives her hair that extra oomph she is looking for! Since Michelle’s hair is already thick, she would steer clear of a product like this.
Cleansing That Won’t Dry You Out
- Kiehl’s Midnight Cleansing Oil: We never thought we would be using an oil to cleanse our faces but Kheils proves again that they know what they are doing when it comes to skincare. Just add a pump to the Clarisonic Mia and massage it into your face until it stops and your skin is left clean but not DRY! Which is amazing! The product says it is indicated for the evening but we have been using it morning and night, it is that good.
- Clarisonic Mia: We have tried a few sonic cleansers out there and this little guy has to be our favorite because it is compact enough to take anywhere and also doesn’t take up a ton of room in our tiny bathrooms. The Mia would also make a great holiday gift! 😉
- Kiehl’s Breakout Control Treated Acne Spot: Once you hit your 30’s you think that you will never have to worry about acne again, right? Wrong!! We still get breakouts here and there and we can always count on that giant pimple to pop up right before that time of the month. Once we start feeling the breakout coming on, we hit it with the acne spot treatment and have noticed that our pimples are less noticeable and go away quicker than usual. This is a must try for sure if you have occasional breakouts!
- Kiehl’s Breakout Control Facial Lotion: This lotion is also great to use along with the spot treatment because you want to stay moisturized while zapping those pesky zits. Other moisturizers can be too thick and can clog pores instantly, this one is nice and light but very hydrating.
- Sunday Riley UFO Oil: We love this face oil because it is great for all skin types and it won’t clog your pores, which is super rare for an oil! This oil helps clear blackheads and will help you achieve that hydrated, blemish free skin that we all yearn for during the winter!
- Tula Exfoliating Treatment Mask: You can’t achieve glowing skin without getting rid of that dead, dull skin underneath. We both love this exfoliating treatment mask because it gently exfoliates, decongests, and deeply purifies skin to reveal an even, glowing complexion.
Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate
- Caudalie Grape Water Spray: The winter weather depleats our skin of natural moistures and oils, so we have to stay vigilant about hydrating our bodies and our skin. We both love this facial mist because you can just spray it on and instantly you have glow and boost. Even helps give you a burst of energy when you need a pick me up!
- Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Cream: To say that we are obsessed with this cream is an understatement. This is hands down, one of the best creams we have tried BY FAR. It actually firms, lifts and tightens as it promises to and you will actually see results after a week or two of use. This cream is definitely worth the money!
- Clinique Lipbalm and Scrub Pots: We don’t know about you but everytime winter hits, our lips are the first things to dry out. We love these Clinique pots because one side is a sugar scrub to exfoliate your lips and then the other side has a tinted lip balm to moisturize and add some color to your smooch. We carry these in our purses religiously in case we are in need of an instant boost!
4. Tula Hydrating Day and Night Cream: This cream is like a multivitamin for your skin and goes on super smooth. Although, the consistency is a bit thick, so we recommend using this one at night.
We want to hear from you! Have you tried any of these products and loved or hated them? Or do you have some personal favorites that you love? Please share below!
Keep Glowing Babes!
Sarah and Michelle