With Thanksgiving tomorrow and numerous holiday parties fast approaching, I thought I would share a few tips to help you chow down guilt-free. Nothing is worse than having to hold back during a holiday party or large family gathering like Thanksgiving. So here are few tips to prep you beforehand so that you can enjoy your meal without a worry in the world.
- GET MOVING – Get a workout in the day before or even the morning of the big event just so that you can dig in without feeling like a lazy bum. If hitting the gym isn’t realistic, head outside with the family and throw the football around, go on a walk, chase the kids around or do some yoga. Pretty much anything that will get you moving! Getting your blood moving can help boost muscle insulin sensitivity which drives calories into your muscle cells instead of your fat cells. GAINZ!
- KNOW WHEN TO STOP – Pile everything on your plate that your heart desires but know when to stop. If you are worried about losing all of the gains you have made in the gym, then bring a dish that you feel good about eating. Feel free to splurge on the other pot-luck dishes but at least you can rest assure that you can fall back on something that is both delicious, nutritious and won’t set you back 3 months. But be sure to go back to your normal diet and eating habits on Friday, just because you took a day off, doesn’t mean you have to take the entire week off!
- PROTEIN FIRST – Build your plate around meat first and then fill in veggies, starches, and other yummy sides. Turkey is very filling and veggies don’t have that many calories so filling up on both of these will help you keep from eating too much of that coma-inducing sweet potato casserole.
- DRINK PLENTY OF…WATER– I know, I know, water isn’t the first thing on your mind come Thanksgiving or any holiday for that matter. But to ensure that you can eat and drink what you want, be sure to drink your fair share of water. Filling up on water will also help you subconsciously limit yourself when it comes to stuffing yourself to death with food and wine.
- BE THANKFUL – The biggest tip of all is to be thankful. At the end of the day, we can always bounce back from eating or drinking too much but you can’t easily come back from missing out on quality family time. So take the day to put your phone down and really connect with those around you because we really have so much to be thankful for!
And after the HUGE meal be sure to change into something comfy by ALALA.
Be sure to check in with us tomorrow for the BEST CYBER DEALS on the internet!
Photos by Emma Weiss