Whether you are visiting LA, a new mom or still on the hunt to find activities for your kids in LA, I have you covered. As a mom of a two year old always looking for fun things to do on the weekend “aka. tire the hell out of them so they sleep well” I have done my fair share of research here in the Loa Angeles area so I decided to share my go to spots here!
I’ll admit LA can be a bit intimidating because a lot of restaurants and places aren’t that kid friendly and like most moms, I hate the “judgy” eyes. You know those eyes … those heavy, judgemental eyes that glare at you when your kid is acting crazy for no reason except for the fact that you are in a closed, semi- contained space such as a restaurant or a store. It ruins the experience so I’m always on the hunt for kid friendly areas with like minded parents who are all on the same page which is to see their kids having fun! (And to tire the hell out of them.)
So! I am rounding up my top 10 spots here in LA just for that with a few of my favorite kid friendly restaurants as well that will please the whole family.
- The Beach: That’s kind of a given which is why I listed it first however take them to the right one. I love Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach. Just a little south of the city but the beaches are much more clean than Venice and Santa Monica and the local shops there are adorable.
- Parks: Again another given, but know the right parks. Aidan’s Place is by far my favorite. It’s clean with so much to do and welcoming to all children with or without disabilities which I love. I also love Roxbury Park where we used to live. Again, clean with even a kid library and NO sand. I swear that stuff gets everywhere.
- World of Fruit: My nephew and niece came to visit last week which encouraged me to check out this place finally and it’s worth every penny. It’s fun, colorful and such an experience especially for the little ones. They even give you fruit and ice cream to go along with the themed rooms. Snacks for the littles is always a bonus! Her entire outfit is from I Love Plum and both she and I are OBSESSED with it!
- La Brea Tar Pits: This can be fun for the whole family if you explore the entire museum however the Tar Pits specifically is great for the kids to see with so much to explore and history to absorb.
- Disney Land: May not be in LA however it’s a given to go here when in LA. There is also Lego Land just a little more down south and Universal studios that is in the city I just haven’t checked either of them out yet.
- Pool: If you are like me and loathe the sand, the pool might be a more friendly route. The Annenberg Community Beach House is very kid friendly and next to the beach if you decide to get those toes sandy. Jut be sure to reserve parking for a smooth experience.
- California Science Center: This place is great is the summer when you intentionally want to get out of the heat. There is so much to do and look at here, your kids of all ages will enjoy.
- Westfield Century City Mall: This ones a personal favorite probably because you can find me here every weekend. This newly renovated mall is so kid friendly with a built in park and a huge lounge area by the food court and restaurants to be able to enjoy your meal in privacy and comfort. We also love to grab our favorites at Eataly and make a meat and cheese plate followed by pasta at home. Adaline loves coming here and getting a small bowl of Halo Top ice cream or a Pressed Juicery freeze. Healthy and delicious. Can’t leave the mall with out grabbing a balloon from Nordstrom.
- Santa Monica Pier: As I mentioned, I’m not a fan of this beach but I think it’s worth checking out the pier at least once. Be warned, it can get crazy, and not that clean so I have a game plan when I go which is darting to the back to experience the Ferris Wheel and roller coaster then checking out the aquarium at the front on the way back to the car. The ferris wheel you really take in some breath taking views and the roller coaster is just fun.
- Malibu Country Mart: Shop, play and dine, the reason why I love this mart. We will usually hit up the beach for an hour then pop over here after for a bite or just drinks. Strange Family Tasting Room just opened here and you can do a quick tasting and grab a glass of mom juice to enjoy on their large deck while the kids can play corn hole and other various games. They even have a park as well closer to the restaurants. Talk about perfection. Kid AND mom equipped. Be sure to check out Sunlife Organics as well. Adaline loves smoothies and theirs is the best. 100% true organic and absolutely delicious.
Kid Friendly Restaurants
- Tallula’s: They have a reading area and a giant toy basket with the moat delicious Mexican food. Enough said. Someone give them a medal.
- Tocaya Organica: Organic with vegan options. Order and sit in convenience away from those with out children. Quick and efficient. Adaline loves Mexican food if you catch the drift. Plus their spicey jalapeno margarita is on point. Only $5 from 3-5pm.
- Wurstküche: The little German girl in me loves this place. Plus they have crayons and she can get busy coloring away on the entire table. I always get the sun dried tomato and mozzarella sausage with red pepper topping and of course their fries which is Adaline’s favorite. Get the chipotle aioli for dressing.
And that’s my round up! If you try any of the above places I would love to hear your experience or even if you have any spots that I did not list I need to hit up in the area, I would love to try!