Fill your glasses and get ready to toast to our favorite season, Fall! There is just something about the cool, crisp air and the leaves changing colors that really gets us in the mood to entertain. I’m not talking about throwing a full-on cocktail party but a casual night at the house with a few friends, snacks, and delicious drinks. I love to entertain but sometimes planning a big to-do brings more stress than it is worth. So why not leave the stress at the door and actually enjoy the time with your guests? A novel idea, I know! Follow my easy fall entertaining tips and you will be laughing and sipping cocktails with your guests in no time!
- Make Everything Ahead Of Time: Nothing is worse than scrambling around like a mad woman when your guests are starting to arrive. You can avoid the stress and frantic feeling by planning way ahead. Make a list of everything you need to buy at the store and do this early on in the day, that way you have the rest of the day to do the things you need to do and to prep if need be. Anything that requires baking or cooking, make sure you start early and give yourself enough time to get ready too! It’s the worst when guests arrive and you are still in your robe. Yep, it’s happened to me before.
- Keep The Decor Simple: You don’t have to go crazy when decorating for your fall gathering. I like to stay away from classic fall decor with bright orange and black colors, I think that sometimes it can come across as dated and cheesy. Try opting for white gords instead. I found the ones featured in these photos at Whole Foods, they are festive without going overboard. Scatter them around the table to give your guests that fall feeling that we all love so much. If you want to go the extra mile to wow your guests, try hollowing out a white pumpkin and adding your favorite fall drink to it. It’s a total crowd pleaser!!
- Fewer Ingredients Is Better: Don’t spend your entire day preparing for a few friends to come over for a casual night. Make it easy and pick up some of your favorite pre-made snacks. People always love a good cheese board, so just jazz it up a bit with really good cheeses, dried fruits, and pickled veggies. It looks like you put a ton of thought and effort into it but you don’t have to slave away over it. A win-win! Keep it simple with the drinks you serve as well. Cocktails are great (when you order them at a bar) but they become a huge hassle when you have to mix one every time your guest’s drink is running low. Try mixing up something beforehand or try one of my fall favorites, Crabbie’s Spiced Orange Alcoholic Ginger Beer over festive citrus ice cubes and served in a pumpkin bowl. Just rim your glasses in a sugary mixture and your guests will have no idea that you didn’t slave over it for hours!
Fall is here, which means your pumpkin party punch won’t be complete without adding festive ice cubes and a pretty sugared rim to your glasses. The citrus ice cubes pack a serious punch of flavor and the cinnamon sugar rim add a bit of sweetness to balance out the ginger kick from the Crabbie’s Spiced Orange Alcoholic Ginger Beer. I promise these easy steps will trick your guests into thinking that you spent hours prepping for their arrival!
Spiced Orange Pumpkin Bowl Ingredients:
- Crabbie’s Spiced Orange Alcoholic Ginger Beer
- Citrus slices, preferably orange
- Medium sized white pumpkin
- Carve out pumpkin
- Fill ½ of the way with ice
- Pour in 4 – 8 bottles of Crabbie’s Spiced Orange Alcoholic Ginger Beer, depending on the size of your pumpkin
- Top with sliced oranges and leave out to serve as a simple, yet festive punch recipe.
Cheers to fall ya’ll!
This post was done in collaboration with Crabbie’s Ginger Beer. All opinions and recipes are my own.