The cold weather has finally gotten the best of me as I have spent the entire weekend trying to recover from the flu. When you are sick, rest is one of the most beneficial components to getting better. However, this can be hard for someone like me who can never sit still. I put together my 5 necessities that has helped me stay put, rest and fight the battle.
- Vogue magazine – I had to check out what all the talk about was with Dunham
- Fun color nail polish – I chose a fun color to help lift my spirits
- Flappy Bird Game – If you have not downloaded this game on your phone yet…your welcome and I’m sorry as it is highly addictive
- A Storm of Swords (Book 3) of A Song of Ice and Fire – As Season 4 is approaching I have decided to refresh my memory in anticipation of all the excitement we are about to be throne back into come April!
- Homemade Lentil Soup – My husband was kind enough to make me some homemade kale lentil soup. Sick or not, you will love this easy recipe below!
Kale Lentil Soup Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 14-16 oz. tomatoes with their juices, chopped
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 pound kale, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper and red pepper to taste
In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots and onions and cook until onions start to become translucent (10 minutes). Add the garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add the tomatoes, lentils, greens, water, and s/p to the pot. Bring the soup to a boil then reduce the heat to low and cover. Stir occasionally for an hour or until lentils and carrots are very soft.